“Today’s announcement signifies that we as an organisation are committed to parity for the men’s and women’s game and to continuing the growth in all areas of our sport,” chief executive Andy Martin said.The deal is unlikely to bring vast sums to female players as the New Zealand men’s side, ranked 133rd in the world, earn only a fraction of their high-profile international counterparts.But Football Ferns striker Sarah Gregorius said it still represented an important principle that recognised the effort women put into their sport.“It’s such an awesome line that we’ve now drawn in the sand,” she told Radio New Zealand.“No matter who you are, whatever gender, when you pull on a New Zealand football shirt you’re entitled to the same treatment and respect no matter what.”The move comes after Norway’s football association signed an agreement last year giving its men’s and women’s teams pay parity.In practical terms, the New Zealand deal means women will receive the same match payments, equal fees on image rights and a similar proportion of tournament prize money.They will also enjoy the same travel arrangements, meaning women will no longer have to fly economy to tournaments while male players enjoy business class.New Zealand Rugby announced earlier this year that the Black Ferns, the five-time women’s world champions, would be offered professional contracts for the first time.Shares(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) SharesThe new deal for New Zealand’s Football Ferns was hailed as a ‘landmark moment’. © AFP / GUSTAVO ANDRADEWELLINGTON, New Zealand, May 8 – New Zealand’s football body announced a new deal Tuesday that gives the national women’s team the same pay and conditions as the men’s side, becoming one of the world’s first countries to do so.Providing equality between the male All Whites and female Football Ferns was “a landmark moment for football in this country”, New Zealand Football said.
“I’ll be cleared to play. Then I’ll see, it depends on how things develop, it depends on my next exams…. It has not been decided,” he said.The timing leaves the world’s most expensive footballer in a tight race to feature again for PSG with the freshly crowned French champion’s season ending on May 19 with a game against Caen.However, his prospects for starring in Brazil’s much fancied side at the World Cup in Russia, which runs from June 14 to July 15, look much better. Brazil open their campaign on June 17 against Switzerland in Rostov.“I hope I won’t watch the World Cup on TV,” Neymar joked, calling the tournament a “dream”.“I will have enough time to prepare,” he said at the press conference, where he walked with crutches and his foot immobilized in a medical boot. “It’s evolving well.”With the enforced rest period Neymar added, “I will arrive better than I was before.”Neymar, 26, broke a bone in his right foot on February 25 in a Ligue 1 game against Marseille, before returning to his home country for surgery and rehabilitation.Brazil’s national team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar, performed surgery on March 3 and then estimated that Neymar would be out for “two-and-a-half to three months”.In his absence, PSG were knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid in the last 16 in March.Brazil will also face Costa Rica and Serbia in their group, as they target winning a sixth World Cup, four years after the nightmare of their 7-1 loss to Germany in the semi-finals on home soil in 2014.For now, Neymar said he spends much of his time playing poker, his “favorite pastime,” and “playing video games and going on the computer”.Not that he enjoys the couch potato experience much.“There are doubts, of course. I feel them too. But it’s normal for a guy who ended up injured. This was the first surgery in my career,” he said. “It’s really hard seeing my team score and becoming champions without me being with them.”“Still, I am more rested,” he said. “We have to look on the bright side.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Brazilian superstar Neymar out of action until at least May 17 © AFP / Nelson ALMEIDASAO PAULO, Brazil, Apr 17 – Brazilian superstar Neymar said Tuesday that he won’t be back playing at least until the second half of May, when he is scheduled to have his final medical exam following foot surgery.“There isn’t an exact date yet. I have the last exam, if I’m not mistaken, I’m not sure, on May 17,” the Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil forward told a press conference in Sao Paulo.