Smoke N Bones Announce Exciting Album Release Party With Eric ‘Benny’ Bloom & Mark Levron

first_imgThis Friday, funky rockers Smoke N Bones will take the stage at 30/90 Degrees in New Orleans, LA in celebration of their brand new album! Titled Amplify, the five piece crew continues to pick up new fans and put on exciting performances, even getting to play at the Bern Fest in support of Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders earlier this year.Not only will the band play Amplify in its entirety at the show, but they’ll be joined by special guest Eric “Benny” Bloom (Lettuce, Shady Horns) for some of the performance. Bloom is featured on the new release, as is trumpeter Mark Levron. With the sonic force of Amplify coming in hot, there’s no telling just how much fun this show will be!Check out some seriously funky promo for the show:Not only that, but the show is absolutely free! Just don’t forget to pick up a copy of Amplify while you’re there, to show your support for these funky up and comers. With four-part harmonies and creative original music, the sky’s the limit for Smoke N Bones. You can find out more about the show here.Smoke N Bones is:Mykia Jovan – VocalsBilly Franklin – Guitar, VocalsKyle “Astreaux” Cripps – Sax, KeyboardsDoug Dietrich – Bass, VocalsKyle “Shabram” Sharamitaro – Drums, Vocalslast_img read more

Moon River Music Festival Announces 2019 Lineup: Jason Isbell, Brandi Carlile, More

first_imgToday, Moon River Music Festival and host band Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors have announced the lineup for their 2019 event, set to take place in Chattanooga, TN on September 7th and 8th.Leading the charge at Moon River will be headliners Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit and Brandi Carlile. In addition, the event will include performances from Goodbye Road (featuring Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors, Johnnyswim, and Penny & Sparrow), St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Moon Taxi, Drew & Ellie Holcomb, The Wood Brothers, Johnnyswim, Josh Ritter, The Oh Hellos, The Lone Bellow, Joy Williams, Rayland Baxter, The Band Camino, Sister Sparrow & The Dirty Birds, The Suffers, and more.Previous buyer pre-sale tickets for Moon River Music Festival 2019 will go on sale tomorrow, Tuesday, February 12th, at 10 a.m. EST, or while supplies last. General on-sale will begin on Wednesday, February 13th at 10 a.m. EST. For more information, head to the festival website here.last_img read more

Australia to deploy armed forces in coronavirus compliance battle

first_imgAustralia has already closed its borders to everyone but Australian citizens or residents returning home. Those returnees will now be detained in a hotel for two weeks, rather than trusted to go home and self-isolate.The Australian Defense Force (ADF) will be sent out to check recent returnees are complying with the previous order to self-isolate at their home for the same period of time, a rare step in a country where the military is not often seen on the streets.”The ADF will be there to put boots on the ground,” Morrison said.The rate of infections across Australia remains much slower than in many other countries, but officials are concerned that the number of cases has accelerated over the past week, particularly in the most populated states of New South Wales (NSW) and Victoria. There have been 13 deaths nationally. Australia is introducing enforced quarantine by midnight on Saturday for citizens returning home from overseas and will deploy the armed forces to ensure people already subjected to self-isolation measures are complying.Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Friday that returning Australians accounted for around two thirds of the country’s more than 3,000 coronavirus cases, making it the “biggest issue” to be addressed in the country’s fight against the pandemic.”As time has gone on, the risk of those who are returning from other parts of the world actually increases,” Morrison said in a televised briefing. Despite the relatively low numbers, there has been frustration and anger over contradictory guidance from the federal government, state legislators and health officials in recent days over the necessary level of social distancing.At the same media conference where Morrison announced returning Australians as the No. 1 issue to tackle, Australia’s chief medical officer Brendan Murphy said the priority from a health perspective was preventing any potential spike in local transmissions.”We’re not kidding ourselves – if community transmission becomes significant, that is the real serious concern,” Murphy said. “That’s why these social distancing measures are just so important.”That has been a particularly thorny issue for Morrison’s government, which has said that schools should remain open and has so far backed away from the more sweeping lockdowns on public movement seen in Europe.The leaders of NSW and Victoria state have both said they are ready to push ahead with tighter curbs when – rather than if – they become necessary.”We will get to a point where we need to do more,” Victoria Premier Daniel Andrews said after Morrison spoke.Andrews said measures like the enforced quarantine for returning travellers were a “big step to take away someone’s liberty … but this is life and death. There is too much at stake to do otherwise.”Cruise ship concerns Cruise ships have become a flashpoint in Australia after almost 200 of 2,700 passengers who were allowed to disembark from Carnival Corp’s Ruby Princess in Sydney a week ago later tested positive for COVID-19.Murphy noted on Friday that case numbers had “not been helped by a recent cruise ship”. The blunder sparked widespread anger, a blame game between state and federal authorities, and tighter scrutiny of cruise ships still in Australian waters.One liner off the west coast, the German-owned MV Artania, was permitted to dock on Friday morning after a medical emergency on board. Seven passengers have tested positive for COVID-19, with one now in hospital in a critical condition.Western Australia state Premier Mark McGowan said arrangements were being made for around 800 remaining passengers to be transferred to waiting planes for charter flights to Germany, the home country of the bulk of the tourists.Australian passengers on board a second cruise ship in Western Australian waters, the Vasco da Gama, will be quarantined on the former prison island turned tourist destination of Rottnest island from Monday. Other passengers will be flown home. center_img Topics :last_img read more

Kingsmead and Queen’s Park Oval outfields rated poor

first_img… Boards have 14 days to respondTHE outfields at Kingsmead and Queen’s Park Oval have been rated poor by the ICC match referees who oversaw the washed-out Tests between South Africa and New Zealand in Durban, and West Indies and India in Trinidad.The ICC said the officials – Andy Pycroft in Durban and Ranjan Madugalle in Trinidad – had expressed concerns in accordance with clause three of the Pitch and Outfield Monitoring Process. The match referees’ reports have been forwarded to the concerned home boards, the WICB and Cricket South Africa, which now have 14 days to respond. CSA’s response, the ICC said, will be reviewed by ICC general manager, cricket, Geoff Allardice, while match referee David Boon will assess the WICB’s reply.Then, as per the rules, the grounds will either receive a warning or a fine not exceeding US$15 000, along with “a directive for appropriate corrective action”. A repeat offence over the next five years would draw a fine not exceeding US$30 000.In all, 11 sessions out of 15 were lost to a wet and soft outfield at Kingsmead, while in Port of Spain, West Indies and India were able to play only one session across five days.It was the first Test played in Trinidad in August, which is the wet season there, and rain had hampered preparations in the days leading up to the match but during the game itself there was largely sunshine.However, with there not being enough covers at the ground to protect the bowlers’ run-ups or the outfield, and no super sopper available either, the outfield did not recover enough to allow play. The draw meant that India, who needed to win the Test to retain their No.1 Test ranking, lost the top spot to Pakistan. The Trinidad & Tobago Cricket Board had already said it would investigate the reasons behind the washout.The Durban Test was also scheduled in what is traditionally the off-season in South Africa, during the winter. Rain forced the players off the field around lunch on day two, and the big damage was done to the outfield that night, when the ground took 65mm of water. Here, too, the covers did not protect large parts of the field, and the super sopper was made to stop operating for fear it would do further damage to the soft patches that persisted into day five despite no more rainfall.There were concerns over the Kingsmead outfield being underprepared even before the match began, as it had been relaid in June following complaints from South Africa and New Zealand that the surface was too hard during the limited-overs games played there last year.Similar comments were levelled at Centurion, the venue of the upcoming second Test, but the SuperSport Park outfield was relaid in April once the season ended; work could not get underway at Kingsmead till the Comrades Marathon – for which it is the ending point – was completed on May 29.last_img read more

NFB gets new home in Torontos Entertainment District at 145 Wellington Street

first_imgAdvertisement Recent successes from the Ontario Studio include Stories We Tell, directed by Sarah Polley, and the multi-year HIGHRISE digital project, directed by Katerina Cizek―two of the most highly acclaimed works in NFB history―as well as powerful new releases like Tiffany Hsiung’s breakthrough feature doc, The Apology. Upcoming from the studio are major releases like Charles Officer’s Unarmed Verses and Attiya Khan and Larry Jackman’s A Better Man.The Ontario Studio is also the new space for the NFB’s Canadian Francophonie Studio (Studio de la Francophonie canadienne), headed by Dominic Desjardins, which produces French-language works from Ontario and the West that serve a vital need in supporting and strengthening Canada’s French-language communities.Also moving to the new space will be members of the NFB’s education, audience development, communications and marketing teams.The Ontario Studio has been located at 150 John Street since 1991, and its move to nearby 145 Wellington Street West is intended to keep the NFB in the Toronto’s key cultural district, close to creators, co-producers and partners. Login/Register With: LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Facebook On December 12, the National Film Board of Canada’s award-winning Ontario Studio in Toronto is moving to a new home in the Entertainment District, at 145 Wellington Street West, Suite 1010. The NFB is making the move to a custom-designed space that meets its changing needs for film and interactive media creation, with six digital editing suites, a 20-seat screening room and a virtual reality lab, all designed to create world-class audiovisual works in the heart of Toronto.Headed by executive producer Anita Lee, with producers Lea Marin, David Oppenheim and Justine Pimlott, the Ontario Studio works closely with creators and partners in Toronto and across the province, the country and the world, to produce film and digital works that explore vital issues and break new ground in form and content. The NFB’s Toronto office is also the base for its new Director General of Creation and Innovation, René Bourdages, responsible for the NFB’s long-term programming vision, working with NFB studios across Canada. Twitter Advertisementlast_img read more