According to Immigration and Customs Enforcement international students who are taking courses in the US may be at risk of deportation if their University opts to transition into online classes only.The agency made the announcement on Monday stating that students with certain visas “may not take a full online course load and remain in the United States,” adding that, “The U.S. Department of State will not issue visas to students enrolled in schools and/or programs that are fully online for the fall semester nor will U.S. Customs and Border Protection permit these students to enter the United States.”The move may affect thousands of foreign students who have come to the US to take courses through universities, colleges, and those participating in training programs.Harvard, which has decided to offer strictly online courses until the pandemic subsides, spoke out about the announcement saying it undermines their efforts to keep students safe by keeping them off campus:“we are deeply concerned that the guidance issued today by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement imposes a blunt, one-size-fits-all approach to a complex problem giving international students, particularly those in online programs, few options beyond leaving the country or transferring schools,” Harvard University President Larry Bacow said Monday in a statement.The agency says international students who want to remain in the US should consider other measures like transferring to a school that is still offering in-person instruction or to one that offers a hybrid of both online and in-person classes.Harvard says it will “work closely with other colleges and universities around the country to chart a path forward.”While students do have the opt to transfer schools, many colleges and universities have opted to transition from in-person to online courses making in-person courses more difficult to come by. Some colleges and universities have also opted to shorten their semesters.
Randy Gregory is hoping the NFL will end his latest suspension in time for him to participate in training camp. According to a Dallas Morning News report, the Cowboys defensive end plans to petition the league for reinstatement within the next 10 days. The Morning News cited an unidentified source saying Gregory hasn’t failed or missed a drug test during his current suspension, but that doesn’t mean he’ll automatically get a pass from the NFL. The report notes the league could allow the 26-year-old to participate in training camp and preseason games but force him to sit out a to-be-determined number of games once the regular season begins.Either way, the Cowboys clearly haven’t given up on the defensive end. They signed him to an extension through the 2020 season in April, more than a month after the NFL handed down his most recent disciplinary action. Dolphins’ Kendrick Norton’s condition upgraded from critical to stable, report says Ezekiel Elliott won’t face NFL discipline over Las Vegas incident “I don’t think you can count on him right now,” coach Jason Garrett said of Gregory this spring. “Hopefully we’ve built our team up to the point where we don’t have these blatant needs. … There’s certainly a point [you cut ties] with different players. We don’t think we’re at that point with Randy right now.“He’ll continue to work and try to get professional help for his issues. I do believe he’s made great strides in this area and the way it’s been explained to me is sometimes, relapse is part of rehab. I think that’s something he’ll continue to work through.”The Cowboys’ first preseason practice is scheduled for July 27 in Oxnard, California. He is serving his fourth suspension since entering the league in 2015 after violating the terms of the conditional reinstatement that allowed him to return to the field in 2018 after missing all of the previous season. A second-round pick by Dallas in 2015, Gregory previously was suspended for 14 total games in 2016 after failing a pair of drug tests (four games the first time, 10 the second time). After a brief return to the field, he was then banned for the entire 2017 campaign as well. In 16 regular-season NFL games, he has seven sacks and 34 total tackles. Related News Eli Manning: ‘I’m not rushing into retirement’