Barcelona ‘snub’ €100m Ansu Fati bid

first_img According to reports from Diario Sport, club president Josep Bartomeu acknowledged an offer for the teenager during a virtual board meeting earlier this week. The rumoured bid was immediately rejected by Bartomeu however, who confirmed the club have no intention of selling the Spanish U21 international in the near future. Read Also: Dutch legend confirms contact over Barcelona job Fati burst onto the scene at the start of the 2019-20 campaign, becoming the club’s youngest ever goal scorer back in August 2019. He has continued to play an important first team role, under both Ernesto Valverde and new boss Quique Setien, with 24 appearances and five goals in all competitions in 2019-20. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Advertisement Loading…center_img The 17-year old forward agreed a new contract at the Camp Nou less than 12 months ago, with his current deal expiring in 2023, with La Blaugrana retaining the option of extending it until 2025. Barcelona have reportedly turned down a shock €100m bid from a unnamed rival club for teenage superstar striker Ansu Fati.last_img read more

UEFA president counts on full football stadiums for Euro 2021

first_img Loading… Euro 2020 football competition, which has been postponed to 2021 because of the coronavirus outbreak, should be able to take place with an audience, and without any change to the format in 12 cities, according to UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin. “We will have spectators in the stadiums,” Ceferin said in an interview with AFP on Thursday, adding that what people think is strange today might no longer be strange in December or January. “We still have time to think about it,” Ceferin said. “For the time being, we are keeping the same format and we hope and believe that we will have spectators in the stadiums.” Euro 2020 should have taken place in June and July of this year, but the coronavirus pandemic forced UEFA, the governing body of European football, to postpone its scheduled competition in 12 cities in 12 countries for a year. This postponement allowed the switch to club competitions, the Champions League, Europa League, and major national championships, to take advantage of the dates released to go ahead behind closed doors in late spring and summer, after several weeks of paralysis in European football in the face of the spread of the disease. read also:UEFA approves 210 bottles of water per team, cancels shirt swaps Ceferin assured that he did not entertain the question of playing behind closed doors. However, apart from France, where a maximum capacity of 5,000 people is allowed in the stadiums, most of the major European football countries are currently organising matches without an audience. Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WaySome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That Exist5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Breathtaking Train Stations Around The GlobeWhat Disney Princesses Would Look Like In Modern Day Realities7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterAwesome Caricatures Of 23 Marvel HeroesPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Bodycenter_img “I do not even want to talk about no spectators, or a limited number of spectators,” Ceferin said. “I want to remain optimistic, send out positive energy, and I personally really believe that we will have spectators.” “If that is not possible, we will talk about it then,” he added. “I sincerely believe that things will normalise before next year, long before that.” Belgian police have arrested an employee returning to work at his company in Haaltert, East Flanders, after returning home from a trip to a ‘red zoned’ country. The man had not completed the designated form after returning from the red zone, and failed to go into mandatory quarantine. “The man was immediately arrested and placed in quarantine,” Haaltert mayor Veerle Baeyens said on Thursday, being satisfied with the police handling. “The man has been tested [for coronavirus] and we will know the results on Friday. Depending on the results, it may be necessary to take measures in his company,” she added. The company has also been contacted and informed. The man now faces a fine for violating Belgian measures to fight the spread of Covid-19. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more