Organizers Cancel 2020 Great Blue Heron Music Festival

first_imgShare:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) SHERMAN – Organizers of the Great Blue Heron Music Festival announced Tuesday they have canceled their event for this summer due to the COVID-19 outbreak.“Unfortunately, the uncertain future has made planning virtually impossible,” said officials in a statement. “Many people had been putting their heart and soul into making 2020 another memorable festival and we thank everyone for their efforts.”Next year, officials say tentative dates for the 2021 festival is July 2 to 4.“We are counting on your understanding and support because getting to our 2021 Great Blue Heron will be very financially challenging for us with no income from our festival and plenty of overhead expenses,” furthered officials. “So we are asking those of you who can help, to make a donation to our Heron Forever Campaign.” Camp officials say the Heron Farm & Event Center will be open in May for camping. “When restrictions are lifted, we hope to add music and farm to table events,” said officials. “We look forward to finding creative ways to get together with our Heron family soon.”This would have been the 29th consecutive festival at the campground in Sherman.last_img read more

3 men hack couple over ‘old grudge’

first_imgThe 44-year-old Joseph Besanes and his wife Jerose, 38, sustained hack wounds on the body, a police report showed.  They received treatment at the Angel Salazar Memorial General Hospital in San Jose, Antique.  Officers of the Pantongon police station have yet to arrest the suspects, who fled after the incident./PN Police investigators said prior to the hacking, there was an altercation between the couple and the suspects around 9:30 p.m. on June 3.  The suspects were identified as Raymond Alagos, 22; his younger brother Valentin, 17; and Junie Alagos, 47, the report added. ILOILO City – Old grudge was seen as the motive in the hacking of a couple in Barangay Pandanan, Patnongon, Antique, police said.last_img

UEFA president counts on full football stadiums for Euro 2021

first_img Loading… Euro 2020 football competition, which has been postponed to 2021 because of the coronavirus outbreak, should be able to take place with an audience, and without any change to the format in 12 cities, according to UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin. “We will have spectators in the stadiums,” Ceferin said in an interview with AFP on Thursday, adding that what people think is strange today might no longer be strange in December or January. “We still have time to think about it,” Ceferin said. “For the time being, we are keeping the same format and we hope and believe that we will have spectators in the stadiums.” Euro 2020 should have taken place in June and July of this year, but the coronavirus pandemic forced UEFA, the governing body of European football, to postpone its scheduled competition in 12 cities in 12 countries for a year. This postponement allowed the switch to club competitions, the Champions League, Europa League, and major national championships, to take advantage of the dates released to go ahead behind closed doors in late spring and summer, after several weeks of paralysis in European football in the face of the spread of the disease. read also:UEFA approves 210 bottles of water per team, cancels shirt swaps Ceferin assured that he did not entertain the question of playing behind closed doors. However, apart from France, where a maximum capacity of 5,000 people is allowed in the stadiums, most of the major European football countries are currently organising matches without an audience. Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WaySome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That Exist5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Breathtaking Train Stations Around The GlobeWhat Disney Princesses Would Look Like In Modern Day Realities7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterAwesome Caricatures Of 23 Marvel HeroesPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Bodycenter_img “I do not even want to talk about no spectators, or a limited number of spectators,” Ceferin said. “I want to remain optimistic, send out positive energy, and I personally really believe that we will have spectators.” “If that is not possible, we will talk about it then,” he added. “I sincerely believe that things will normalise before next year, long before that.” Belgian police have arrested an employee returning to work at his company in Haaltert, East Flanders, after returning home from a trip to a ‘red zoned’ country. The man had not completed the designated form after returning from the red zone, and failed to go into mandatory quarantine. “The man was immediately arrested and placed in quarantine,” Haaltert mayor Veerle Baeyens said on Thursday, being satisfied with the police handling. “The man has been tested [for coronavirus] and we will know the results on Friday. Depending on the results, it may be necessary to take measures in his company,” she added. The company has also been contacted and informed. The man now faces a fine for violating Belgian measures to fight the spread of Covid-19. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

Phil Younghusband engaged to Fil-Spanish GF

first_imgScottie Thompson also worthy of Finals MVP, thinks Cone Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina The couple made their relationship public in 2015 after posting photos on social media of their travels. Since then, they have constantly updated their social media pages of their trips together.  The footballer previously dated actress Angel Locsin for over a year. Their relationship ended in 2013. He and sexy star Bangs Garcia exclusively dated for six months in 2014. JBRELATED STORIES:Phil and James–On losing Mom and Dad, living their passion, being with the women they lovePhil Younghusband officially admits breakup with Angel LocsinYounghusband brothers set for Davao move on 5-year deal Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Azkals striker Phil Younghusband is engaged to girlfriend of two years, Margaret Hall.Younghusband announced on Instagram that he had a “magical Christmas” after proposing to the Filipino-Spanish model.ADVERTISEMENT Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Brian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defensecenter_img MOST READ Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Curry makes season-best 10 3-pointers in return from injury Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours “We are beyond blessed to have shared this special moment with our family,” wrote the 30-year-old Fil-Brit. According to their posts, they have been spending their Christmas vacation in Switzerland. LATEST STORIES Meralco ‘never the same’ after Almazan injury in PBA Finals View commentslast_img read more