Granit Xhaka and Arsenal’s players suffered defeat in the Europa League final (AMA/Getty Images)Granit Xhaka has revealed that Unai Emery and Arsenal’s players were in silence after their defeat to Chelsea in the Europa League final on Wednesday evening.The Gunners have missed out on Champions League qualification once again after they were hammered 4-1 by Maurizio Sarri’s side in Baku.Chelsea went 3-0 up before Alex Iwobi scored an excellent goal to hand Arsenal a lifeline, but the Gunners’ hopes were extinguished as Eden Hazard scored his second of the game just three minutes later.Arsenal’s players and Emery looked dejected after the final whistle and Xhaka has revealed the reaction inside their dressing room following the defeat.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘Him [Emery], the players, nobody speaks in the dressing room,’ said Xhaka. Unai Emery said nothing to his players inside Arsenal’s dressing room (AMA/Getty Images)Asked why Emery did not say anything, Xhaka said: ‘I don’t know. He was disappointed of course.‘I think we know how we played. We know we lost the game.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘It is not about shouting. It is not about shouting everything if we lose.‘You can say a lot now but it is not the time to explain why and what happens.‘I think it was a big chance for us and we didn’t take it.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterThursday 30 May 2019 12:33 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link Comment Granit Xhaka reveals Unai Emery reaction in Arsenal’s dressing room after Europa League final defeat to Chelsea Advertisement
Hijlke Hijlkema, the chairman of the pension fund, attributed the lack of support to the structure of the sector, with its 1,100 affiliated companies employing an average of just four staff.“They comprise many unattached entrepreneurs, skippers who are averse to too many rules and obligations,” he argued. Credit: Erich WestendarpIngrid Blom, responsible for social affairs at the employer organisations CBRB and BLN-Schuttevaer, said that the social partners wanted to develop new, non-mandatory pension arrangements, in order to generate sufficient scale and lower barriers for employers to join.However, both Blom and Klein said this would require extending the compulsory status of the pension fund by at least one year to allow for the transition.Hijlkema said he feared that suspending the scheme’s mandatory status would lead to a domino effect.“As large firms already pay wages from abroad and avoid mandatory participation, suspension may also tempt other employers to do the same,” he said. “This would lead to a vicious circle, with ever-increasing costs for the remaining companies.”Last year, the pension fund spent €327 per participant on pensions administration.At the end of last June, its funding ratio stood at 118.3%. Its financial position enabled the scheme to grant its participants and pensioners inflation compensation of 1.27%.The shipping scheme reported a 2% loss on investments. It has 4,985 workers, 11,335 deferred members and 2,910 pensioners. The €970m Dutch sector scheme for the Rhine and inland shipping is likely to lose its mandatory status, as not enough employers support the current compulsory participation.In its annual report for 2018, the Pensioenfonds Rijn- en Binnenvaart said that 40.7% of active participants were employed by companies affiliated with an industry organisation that had requested mandatory participation.This figure must be at least 50% for the pension fund to keep its legal mandatory status, and both the pension fund and its social partners have warned that the necessary improvement is unlikely be achieved before the deadline in May next year.According to Bert Klein, trustee at trade union Nautilus International, possible alternatives – such as setting up a employer organisation dedicated to pensions, or a merger with another sector scheme – had already been ruled out “as they would create new problems”.
A young father of two was told he may never see his family again if he continues to drive in such an appalling manner.Danny Connors is led away from Letterkenny Courthouse. (NW Newspix)Falcarragh District Court heard how Danny Connors drove at speeds in excess of 180kph during a Garda pursuit. The 21 year old overtook several cars over several miles after “panicking” when he saw Gardai.Connors of Canal Road, Letterkenny, was sentenced to six months in prison, disqualified from driving for five years and fined €500 for various offences including dangerous driving, driving while disqualified and no insurance.The dangerous driving offences occurred at Raymoghy, Manorcunningham, The Polestar Roundabout, Neil T.Blaney Road while the insurance charge was at Canal Road. All the offences happened on February 17.He pleaded guilty to two of the dangerous driving charges and the offence of no insurance.Inspector David Kelly, said on February 17 at 8.55pm Gardai observed a Volkswagen Passat driving dangerously in Newtowncunningham towards Letterkenny.They tried to follow him but could not keep up but witnessed other cars braking to try and avoid him.Inspector Kelly said Connors immediately admitted he didn’t have insurance when caught.He told Judge Paul Kelly the defendant had 11 previous convictions mainly for traffic offences in Sligo, Mullingar an Limerick and had been disqualified from driving for a period of two years.Defence solicitor Michael Shiel told Judge Kelly he had been arrested on foot of a bench warrant and custody had been a very ‘sobering experience’ for him.“He doesn’t want to go back,” Mr Shiel said.He submitted a letter to the court on behalf of his client explaining how he had missed his wife and two children whilst in custody and assured the court he would not trouble it again for motoring offences if he got a chance.However, Judge Kelly said it was an appalling case and it was a ‘miracle’ there wasn’t a serious accident.“I wonder for a moment did he consider his driving could have left a family without a loved one.“I appreciate he has missed his family while in prison but if he continues to drive like this he ma not see them again,” Judge Kelly said.He said the driving was ‘reprehensible’ and he had to impose a custodial sentence.For the dangerous driving offence at Raymoghy Judge Kelly imposed a six months prison and disqualified from driving for five years. On the other charge of dangerous driving at Neil T.Blaney Road he imposed another five years disqualification to run concurrent.On the no insurance charge at Canal Road Judge Kelly imposed a four months prison sentence and disqualified Connors from driving for four years to run concurrent.MAN REACHED SPEEDS OF MORE THAN 180KPH DURING GARDA PURSUIT was last modified: March 20th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:courtdangerous drivingDanny ConnorsdonegalGardaiJudge Paul Kellyletterkenny