Press Association Norwich have suspended striker Lewis Grabban after he left the team hotel without permission ahead of their Capital One Cup victory at Rotherham, according to reports. The 27-year-old, who has been the subject of three unsuccessful bids from former club Bournemouth, was not in the matchday 18 at New York Stadium and reports surfaced that the player had left the team hotel and made his own way home after being told he would start on the bench. The Canaries are now said – by a number of national newspapers – to have acted by suspending Grabban, telling him to stay away from the club, as his exit from Carrow Road appears to be drawing closer. His walk-out was not confirmed by boss Alex Neil, but he vowed to resolve any issues while refusing to weaken the club’s stance on the fee Bournemouth will have to pay for the striker. “I don’t have any issues with any player. He might have an issue but I’ll quickly fix it,” Neil said after the 2-1 win at Rotherham. “There won’t be any shedding of light. Any sort of thing that happens behind closed doors stays there and that has always been the case and that will remain the case. “As far as I am concerned Lewis Grabban is a Norwich player, bottom line, that is it. Every player has got a price, but they have to a valuation we think the player is at, not what they think the player is valued at. “We have rejected three bids from Bournemouth and the bids we have received were not anywhere near the valuation of our player. “Until we get to a stage where the bids are acceptable then Lewis Grabban remains a Norwich player.” The Barclays Premier League club were unavailable for comment when asked by Press Association Sport on Wednesday night.
Wellington Police notes for Wednesday, August 21, 2013â€¢12:25 a.m.Jami C. Byers, WF, 34, Wellington was arrested and confined on a Harvey County warrant for possession of Methamphetamine.â€¢12:30 a.m.Officers conducted an agency outside assist in Wichita, for a known suspect(s).â€¢6:20 a.m.Chance A. Thornhill, 36, Weimar, Texas was issued a notice to appear charged with speeding 38 mph in a 25 mph construction zone.â€¢6:40 a.m.Casey D. Torneden, 32, Wellington was issued a notice to appear charged with speeding 36 mph in a 25 mph construction zone.â€¢11 a.m., a non-Injury accident in the 200 block N. Washington, Wellington involving vehicles operated by Mary B. King, 75, Wellington and Steven J. Trotter, 43, Goddard, Ks.â€¢11 a.m. Mary B. King, 75, Wellington was issued a notice to appear charged with inattentive driving.â€¢2:25 p.m.Travis J. Wiley, 24, Wellington was served a city of Wellington bench warrant.â€¢3 p.m.Non-Injury accident on private property in the 1700 block E. 16th, Wellington involving vehicles operated by Shannan D. Prindle, 28, Wichita, and juvenile female, 17, Wellington.â€¢3:18 p.m.Officers investigated a battery by a known suspect in the 1000 block Shadylane Ct., Wellington.â€¢5:25 p.m.Officers took a report of a child in need of care in the 400 block U.S. 81, Wellington.â€¢8:51 p.m.Officers investigated a burglary of an I-pod in the 1400 block Michigan, Wellington.â€¢10:35 p.m.Officers investigated a battery and disclosure of confidential records by known subjects(s) in the 700 block of S. Blaine, Wellington.
Former Jaguars Pro Bowl linebacker Telvin Smith is facing a charge of unlawful sexual activity with a minor, according to multiple reports.Smith was arrested Wednesday at his home in Jacksonville in a raid by sheriff’s officers. Jacksonville television station WJXT showed Smith in custody. Exclusive video of former Jaguars star Telvin Smith in custody at Duval County jail. He’s charged with “unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.” This comes after SWAT raid at his home earlier this afternoon. Live report on @wjxt4 at 6pm. pic.twitter.com/wShn0eaXj8— Vic Micolucci WJXT (@WJXTvic) April 29, 2020The Florida Times-Union reports Smith is in jail in Jacksonville on $50,000 bond.MORE: Smith was irritated by reaction to hiatusESPN reported that Smith is accused of having sex with a 17-year-old girl multiple times in his house and vehicle last September and October. The Jaguars said in a statement that they are aware of Smith’s arrest but “unable to comment further,” citing the ongoing investigation.This is the second raid of Smith’s home in about five months. Officers came to the residence the night before Thanksgiving with a search warrant, the Times-Union noted. Smith’s vehicle was taken at that time. The November raid and Wednesday’s arrest are related, WJXT reported.From raid in November, when sources say investigation began. Should have copy of warrant tomorrow. https://t.co/lMlT4Xl4n5— Vic Micolucci WJXT (@WJXTvic) April 29, 2020Smith, 29, made the Pro Bowl in 2017 with Jaguars, who drafted him out of Florida State in 2014. He announced in 2019 that he would sit out the season. The Jags fined Smith $88,000 for missing minicamp and then placed him in their reserve/retired list before training camp.
CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA – FEBRUARY 16: Joe Harris #12 of the Brooklyn Nets takes a shot during the MTN DEW 3-Point Contest as part of the 2019 NBA All-Star Weekend at Spectrum Center on February 16, 2019 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Streeter Lecka/Getty Images/AFPBrooklyn’s Joe Harris held off Golden State’s Stephen Curry to win the 3-point contest at All-Star Saturday night.Harris made 12 consecutive shots at one point in the final round on his way to a score of 26 points. Curry was second with 24 in the finals, and Sacramento’s Buddy Hield was third with 19 points.ADVERTISEMENT Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ MOST READ Philippine Army to acquire MANPADS, self-propelled howitzers Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award LATEST STORIES The Warriors’ star made his first nine shots of the final round, then missed three of five shots from the top of the key.Stephen Curry won the first round with 27 points out of a possible of 34. Hield was second with 26 points, and Harris finished with 25 to grab the last spot in the finals. Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history PLDT, Smart launch pro gaming team ‘Omega’ for country’s first franchise-based esports league There were 10 players in the event, and seven went out in the first round.Defending champion Devin Booker made his final seven shots but was eliminated in a tie for fourth with Danny Green with 23 points. The other competitors who did not advance: Dirk Nowitzki and Damian Lillard (17), Seth Curry (16), Kemba Walker (15) and Khris Middleton (11)Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Joe Harris goes perfect on his money ball rack and wins the #MtnDew3PT contest with a final round score of 26! #NBAAllStar #WeGoHard #StateFarmSaturday on @NBAonTNT pic.twitter.com/xw7WABBHeW— NBA (@NBA) February 17, 2019FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets offers from Asia, Australian ball clubs Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? View comments