5 in custody for nightclub fatal shooting, guns, ammo found

first_imgFive persons including a former bodyguard of a well-known drug lord are in Police custody assisting with investigations into the shooting to death of Ryan Sergeant who was killed on Monday last at Rio Nightclub, Queenstown, Georgetown.The guns and ammunition found in Hadfield Street on FridayDead teenager, Ryan SergeantReports are that one of the men turned himself in accompanied by his lawyer on Friday, while the others were apprehended in separate Police operations. One of the suspects, a 21-year-old man was apprehended on Thursday evening in the vicinity of the Stabroek Market.The other was arrested during an operation at Hadfield Street, Georgetown, on Friday morning where two females were staying. The women were also detained.However, during the operations on Friday morning, a .32 pistol and a .38 revolver along with fifteen rounds of ammunition were unearthed. It is not clear whether any of the guns were used in the fatal shooting.However, the Police are continuing to grill those in custody in connection with the shooting.Ryan “Harry” Sergeant, 19, of Lot 2530 Layon Street, North Ruimveldt, Georgetown, was shot and killed while another teenager remains in a critical state at the Georgetown Public Hospital. The injured teen is Jeffrey Farrell also of North Ruimveldt Housing Scheme.The shooting reportedly stemmed from an argument over money and “girls” at the popular Rio Nightclub in Queenstown, Georgetown, in the wee hours of Monday.Sergeant was shot once to the jaw during an exchange of gunfire, which started within the Nightclub and ended on the outside. After the shooting the now dead man was picked up by his ‘gang members’ and dropped off at the Woodlands Hospital. Upon seeing the delivery of the man, the staff took him to the emergency room but he was already dead.While information remains sketchy about the shooting, it was reported that the incident stemmed from a gambling spree within the Nightclub.However, another version stated that Ferrel was involved in an altercation with one of the suspects who in turn left the club with another friend and a female companion. Further reports stated that after the trio left, they were followed by Farrel and the now dead man and the argument continued.During the argument, the suspect whipped out a gun and discharge several rounds, hitting Farrel to the neck and shoulder. Attempting to rescue his shot friend, Sergeant was shot to the jaw. The suspects fled the scene.It was during the review of the surveillance footage that three suspects were positively identified. Two of the suspects were seen leaving the club with guns in their hands. The Police however, had implemented several operations with the aim of arresting the men.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *