MONTREAL – Employees at more than 400 Quebec Liquor Corp. outlets across the province held a one-day strike Tuesday in a bid to jump-start contract negotiations.It was the first of six strike days their union has planned as pressure tactics against the Crown corporation.The walkout affected most of the province’s liquor outlets, but management personnel was used to keep more than 60 outlets open.In June, the unionized employees voted 91 per cent in favour of the one-day strikes that are to take place at the opportune moment.The 5,500 workers have been without a contract since March 31, 2017, but negotiations have been ongoing for 16 months.Previous talks took place in late June and last week and the union determined the resumption of the discussions Tuesday was a good time to launch the strike.“The employer has moved a bit on its demands but it is not withdrawing its demands,” union president Katia Lelievre told The Canadian Press.The issue of schedules and work hours is at the heart of the impasse, with the union saying the government wants employees with more experience to work evenings and weekends, which the union considers a major setback.“There is no lack of employees on the weekend,” Lelievre said.She said 70 per cent of employees work part-time and already do full weekends, while more than one-half of the 30 per cent of full-time employees work at least one day on the weekend.In a statement, the liquor corporation said the 60-odd outlets that remained open were staffed by managers.“The SAQ (the corporation) wants to simplify its work methods and is proposing solutions that will both meet its need for flexibility while responding to the union’s priorities and demands, especially when it comes to getting full-time jobs, ensuring the quality of schedules as well as increasing the number of guaranteed hours for part-time employees,” the statement said.
Further updates will be provided when more information is available. GRANDE PRAIRIE, AB – The Grande Prairie RCMP continue to assist in the search for a two-year-old boy who went missing near the Wapiti River at the Canfor Bridge during the evening of July 6, 2018.The search crews have been using boats, all-terrain vehicles, a helicopter, and people on foot in the search for the missing boy.As of 3:30 p.m. Tuesday the boy has not been located and RCMP Underwater Recovery Team (URT) members from Saskatchewan and Manitoba have arrived to assist in the search and recovery efforts. URT members are searching all probable areas using sonar and physical dives along the river.
Urban Meyer prepares to lead the Buckeyes out on to the field prior to the Ohio State-Iowa game on Nov. 4. Ohio State lost 55-24. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Photo EditorThe investigation into Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer’s knowledge of domestic abuse allegations surrounding a former assistant coach will conclude on time, ending exactly on the 14-day deadline originally proposed by the university, Ohio State announced Friday.The statement went on to say that the investigators will “prepare a report for the working group to be delivered next week.” Once the independent group, chaired by former Ohio House Speaker Jo Ann Davidson, receives the report, they will present it to the Board of Trustees in an executive session to be held next week. University President Michael Drake will announce his decision for any response to the investigation “following deliberations with the board, and appropriate time for consideration.”The exact time and date of that meeting was not released in the statement, but the university is required by law to provide advance public notice of at least 24 hours. Drake told WOSU’s Ann Fisher on Thursday that the investigation would be “finished when it’s finished” without providing an idea of when that might be.Ohio State placed Meyer on paid administrative leave on Aug. 1 shortly after announcing it was going to examine if Meyer knew about and properly handled reports of domestic abuse from former wide receivers coach Zach Smith in 2015. Smith was fired on July 23 after his ex-wife, Courtney, filed a domestic violence civil protection order against him.Ohio State originally gave itself a 14-day deadline to complete the investigation on Aug. 5, which means the university will meet the deadline it self-imposed.The independent group has overseen the efforts of an investigative team led by former Chair of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Mary Jo White, who also is the senior chair with the law firm Debevoise and Plimpton.
Max Allegri has revealed Juventus have not yet hit top form despite maintaining a 100% record to the start of the season.The Bianconeri brushed Young Boys aside 3-0 thanks to a hat-trick from Paulo Dybala.“We started well and took the early lead, only really feeling the danger once, and Wojciech Szczesny did well to push the forward wide when we were temporarily down to 10,” the Coach told JTV and Football Italia.“We had plenty of chances and should’ve scored more goals with greater sharpness when going on the counter.”The undoubted star of the show was Dybala with a hat-trick, becoming only the fourth Juventus player to achieve this feat in the Champions League.Juventus confirm Mario Mandzukic could leave this month Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Sporting director Fabio Paratici confirmed reports that Mario Mandzukic could leave Juventus for a move to an unnamed Qatari team.“I am happy for him, he is improving and playing with greater consistency, but everyone played well this evening and showed maturity against an organised Young Boys side.They are a physical team and tried to block us off in any way possible, so it was tough.“I always said that Dybala’s greatest quality is his ability to make the team play and then go to finish off the move at the end. Tonight he did that brilliantly.”
Ram Gopal Varma and Junior NTRCollage of photos taken from Twitter and FacebookRam Gopal Varma says that only Junior NTR can be the saviour of the Telugu Desam Party and should save it if he has any respect for his late grandfather NT Rama Rao.Ram Gopal Varma has been vehemently criticising TDP chief Nara Chandrababu Naidu ever since he launched Lakshmi’s NTR, which is a biopic based on the last days of late legendary actor-turned-politician NT Rama Rao. He intensified his attack on the former CM of Andhra Pradesh after the latter stalled the release of his film in the state. He was the happiest man when the TDP failed badly in the elections.Ever since the election results were out, Ram Gopal Varma has consistently been mocking Chandrababu Naidu. But he seemed to cross all the limits on Friday when he made a series of tweets urging Junior NTR to take the horns of the party, which is also the wish of many fans of the Nandamuri family.RGV wrote, “If Tarak takes over TDP, all people will immediately forget TDP’s disastrous failure..NTR’s grandson can be the only saviour and if he has any respect for his grandfather he should immoderately save TDP Jai NTR Jai TARAK Hey @tarak9999 if u have any respect for ur grandfather, u should save the TDP party NTR founded from the man who backstabbed him then and his son who’s front stabbing it now ..Jai NTR (sic).”Ram Gopal Varma also conducted a Twitter survey – “TDP party will be much greater with its leader as TARAK? @tarak9999.” In 17 hours, his poll got 33,822 votes 79 percent of which agreed with his opinion on Junior, while 21 percent people felt he is wrong. He tweeted, “Oho? 79% aa? Abbaa? Does this mean even TDP party people also want @tarak9999 only? Or are they just 21%? ..Just asking.”Meanwhile, Ram Gopal Varma cautioned Junior NTR not join hands with Chandrababu Naidu, like his uncle Balakrishna. The filmmaker tweeted, “I request u @tarak9999 just as an NTR fan, not to join the backstabber of ur grandfather, like the way ur babai did ..What ur babai did is a bigger vennupotu than what the alludu did.”Chandrababu Naidu-led TDP had won 117 Assembly seats in the 2014 elections, while YSRSCP got victory in 70 constituencies. But this year, the TDP has managed to win only 23 seats, while the Jagan Mohan Reddy’s party emerged victorious with 151 seats. After seeing this humiliating defeat, many followers of the TDP felt that Junior NTR should be brought to the party to save it.
Yuvraj Singh announces retirement from cricket, says 2014 World T20 final his lowest moment IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:01/1:11Loaded: 0%0:01Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-1:10?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Close One of India’s most successful cricketer Yuvraj Singh has announced his retirement from international cricket. At a press meeting in Mumbai, an emotional Yuvi talked about how cricket has influenced his life. He thanked people in his personal life, his guru, parents, etc.Describing his achievements, the 37-year old said the proudest moment of his career was the 2011 World Cup and, very interestingly, said the 2014 World T20 final against Sri Lanka where he scored 11 runs of 24 balls and was blamed for India’s loss. He said this shattered him and he needed some time to recover from the jolt and rediscover why he played cricket.He also thanked former captain Sourav Ganguly for having faith in him. It was after all, Dada under whose captaincy that Yuvi made his debut and established himself in the team despite failures early on. As he read out his pre-written statement, the former all-rounder often seemed overpowered by emotions.
At least 15 people have died after a fire ripped through a karaoke bar in central Myanmar, trapping revellers inside singing rooms filled with poisonous smoke.Eleven men and four women died when the blaze consumed the top floor of the Shwe Myat Min Thamee KTV bar in the town of Magway, northwest of the capital Naypyidaw, on Sunday night.A local fire official said the electrical system had apparently overheated and set fire to the sound-proof lining inside the singing rooms.”All those killed were inside KTV rooms at the time … It seems the wires became hot and started burning the foam,” Magway region fire department director Aung Win Sein told AFP on Monday.The four women who were killed were all said to be workers at the bar.Police have opened two cases against the bar owner for negligence.Karaoke bars are popular in Myanmar, where many also serve as fronts for illegal brothels.