Granit Xhaka reveals Unai Emery reaction in Arsenal’s dressing room after Europa League final defeat to Chelsea

first_imgGranit Xhaka and Arsenal’s players suffered defeat in the Europa League final (AMA/Getty Images)Granit Xhaka has revealed that Unai Emery and Arsenal’s players were in silence after their defeat to Chelsea in the Europa League final on Wednesday evening.The Gunners have missed out on Champions League qualification once again after they were hammered 4-1 by Maurizio Sarri’s side in Baku.Chelsea went 3-0 up before Alex Iwobi scored an excellent goal to hand Arsenal a lifeline, but the Gunners’ hopes were extinguished as Eden Hazard scored his second of the game just three minutes later.Arsenal’s players and Emery looked dejected after the final whistle and Xhaka has revealed the reaction inside their dressing room following the defeat.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘Him [Emery], the players, nobody speaks in the dressing room,’ said Xhaka. Unai Emery said nothing to his players inside Arsenal’s dressing room (AMA/Getty Images)Asked why Emery did not say anything, Xhaka said: ‘I don’t know. He was disappointed of course.‘I think we know how we played. We know we lost the game.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘It is not about shouting. It is not about shouting everything if we lose.‘You can say a lot now but it is not the time to explain why and what happens.‘I think it was a big chance for us and we didn’t take it.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterThursday 30 May 2019 12:33 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link Comment Granit Xhaka reveals Unai Emery reaction in Arsenal’s dressing room after Europa League final defeat to Chelsea Advertisementlast_img read more

F&C subject to £700m buyout from Canadian bank

first_imgHe added: “F&C and BMO both take pride in having built distinctive and engaging brands – grounded in a long history of trust – and we share a deeply held conviction in working in the best interests of our clients.”Richard Wilson, Downe’s counterpart at F&C, said changes implemented in recent years put the cpmpany in a good position to develop.“Looking forward, BMO represents a unique opportunity to broaden and accelerate our ambitions,” he said.“The products, geographic presence and cultures of both organisations are truly complementary, and, with BMO’s commitment to growth, this is clearly a very positive outcome for both our clients and employees. We look forward to joining the BMO organisation.”At the end of 2013, F&C reported assets under management (AUM) of £82bn, down from £95bn just 12 months’ prior.At the time, more than 80% of its AUM stemmed from European institutional clients, according to IPE’s Top 400 Asset Managers 2013. F&C Asset Management is set for a £700m (€845m) acquisition by the asset management arm of Canada’s Bank of Montreal in a deal that values the company at a nearly 30% premium over its pre-deal stock price.BMO Financial Group, both the bank and BMO Global Asset Management’s parent company, announced today that it would offer F&C shareholders 120 pence per share, significantly up from its 93.8 pence price at the end of last week and resulting in a £708m offer.The Canadian group said F&C’s board would unanimously recommend shareholders accept the deal, with the acquisition set to close in May, subject to regulatory approval.Bill Downe, CFO at BMO, praised F&C’s “established pedigree” in fixed income, equity and property investments.last_img read more

Bernard Geisler

first_imgBernard Ray Geisler, 69, of the West Fork community near Rexville passed away at 8:30am, Monday, July 1, 2019 at his home. He was born in the West Fork community on November 27, 1949 the son of Alva and Doris Faye Housefield Geisler. He was married to Debra Kay Pinkerton on December 22, 1970 and she survives. Other survivors include two sons Jeff (Debbie) Geisler of Madison, and Alva (Dawn) Geisler of West Fork; one daughter Jennifer Geisler of Madison; 7 grandchildren and one great-grandchild; three brothers Bobby (Aggie) Geisler of Washington, Elvan (Barb) Geisler of Rexville, and Marvin (Teresa) Geisler of East Enterprise. He was preceded in death by his parents, his brothers George Leslie and Roy, his nephews Larry Gene Wood and Kenny Geisler, and his niece Carolyn Geisler. Mr. Geisler was an Army veteran of the Vietnam War and received the Purple Heart for wounds received on the 21st of January 1970. He was a former employee of the Muscatatuck State Developmental Training Center and was retired from the Jefferson Proving Ground where he worked as a guard. Bernard was also a farmer and enjoyed operating his bulldozer and track hoe. In his spare time he enjoyed his grandchildren, fishing, hunting, woodworking, playing cards, and visiting the local casinos. Funeral services for Bernard will be held on Saturday, July 6th at 11am at the Stratton-Karsteter Funeral Home in Versailles with Pastor Jim Scoggin officiating. Burial will be in the Ditch Cemetery on the Geisler Farm near Rexville with military graveside rites by the Versailles American Legion. Visitation will be on Friday from 6pm to 8pm. Memorials may be given to the West Fork Cemetery in care of the funeral home.last_img read more

Applications being taken for Ms. Wheelchair Iowa contest

first_imgWATERLOO — A new advocate for Iowans with disabilities will be chosen next weekend in Waterloo.The Ms. Wheelchair Iowa Contest is scheduled for March 7th and contestants are still welcome to apply and compete for the crown. Jenn Wolff, of Waverly, is a former titleholder and is one of this year’s event organizers. She says you need to be a U.S. citizen who’s at least 21 and have lived in Iowa at least six months.“We are looking for women who use wheelchairs 100% of the time for mobility,” Wolff says. “We’re hoping that they want to educate the general public, advocate for others with disabilities. We’re really hoping to build this competition into a stronger community of women with disabilities.” Wolff says the winner will be picked based on her accomplishments since the onset of the disability.She notes it’s not a beauty pageant so there’s no swimsuit competition and contestants don’t need to perform some sort of talent.Wolff says, “It is really more focused on building education and empowerment and advocacy, in building a person’s confidence, public speaking ability, and civic engagement.”The winner’s duties will revolve around her platform and her ability to travel — which may take her from local parades, churches, civic groups and schools to the state capitol, the governor’s office and beyond. Wolff, who was Ms. Wheelchair Iowa 2011, says being the titleholder had a profound impact on her life — for the better.“There is power in the tiara! It gets you into rooms that you might not be able to otherwise get into to speak,” Wolff says. “It really, really helped my confidence and ability to public speak. Going to nationals is unlike anything else because you’re in a room full of women in wheelchairs and you will never, ever get that experience anywhere else. It was amazing.”The Iowa winner will represent the state at the Ms. Wheelchair America event, scheduled for August in Little Rock, Arkansas. To apply for the state contest, search for “Ms. Wheelchair Iowa Contest 2020” on Facebook and scroll down to find a link to the application.last_img read more