WAYNE Forde, president of the Guyana Football Federation (GFF), yesterday announced that the ‘Walter Moore Scouting Clinic’ will become a permanent fixture on the Federation’s calendar.Moore, a former Golden Jaguars defender and his club FF Jaro coach Kristian Heames, conducted a two-day (May 19 – 21) talent identification programme, which will result in potential players being identified for trials and possible professional contracts in Europe.This initiative is part of the new philosophy of the technical programme of the GFF, which actively seeks to involve past and present national players as part of the technical development programme.“The Walter Moore scouting clinic will now become a permanent fixture on the GFF’s calendar and the GFF will fund it exclusively” Forde told Chronicle Sport in an exclusive interview yesterday.“Of course we will always use our network to see if we could bring in some sponsors, so what we will do over the next couple of months, the technical department and Walter will build the best model to see how this would work,” Forde noted.The GFF top brass explained that “players in the past didn’t see any long term in the sport that they had given so much to and I think that if there’s anything that you want to do as a leader it should be to inspire hope and that’s one of the things we’ve been doing, not only as an executive committee but as a technical staff.”Forde also reasoned “if you’re a player and you see a structure curriculum where you have players knowledgeable and experience like ‘Jackie Chan’ (Gregory Richardson); Walter Moore returning with his coach from Finland, you’re seeing tangible evidence of development; that’s what we’re giving to this nation and so if that’s the added incentive that they needed all along for them (the players) to put that extra 100%, it’s very encouraging for Guyana’ football.”Heames impressedBefore taking up a post as coach with FF Jaro last year, Heames from July 2008 to July 2016, served as Scout with English Premiere League club,West Bromwich Albion F.C.,also known as West Brom.It was Heames’ maiden journey to the South American country, and the Englishman said that he was impressed with the level and quality displayed by the players who are all apart of Guyana’s National U-17 programme.“The overall level is really good, working with the players, getting to see them both on and off the field was pretty good” Heames said, while singling out Chris Macy, Job Caesar, Cecil Jackman and Orville Daniels as those who stood out.Heames reasoned that “players from different environment have different strengths and athletically players here are better than many players in Europe but I would say that it’s their understanding of the game that needs to be worked on.”“After speaking to the technical department, I’ve gotten a better understanding as to how Guyana’s football was structured previously,so that might be the case why players developed a lot of individual skills, may be they don’t have the access to the coaching and I like the fact that some of the things that are done here (at the GFF) is to bridge that gap” Heames opined.Heames’ sentiments were echoed by the GFF’s Technical Director,Ian Greenwood, who said “we’ve got fantastic athletic ability, but that game understanding is a massive problem from what I first arrived but we’re looking to improve that now. We’ve got a playing philosophy where the work is structured through the academy training centres, so the amount of tactical work now with the national programme is vastly improving from what we would’ve had before.” – Heames impressed with quality of players
While the house of the player’s father, Salah Ghali, resembles others in the village, it was quieter: no-one was looking out of an open window, and no clothes hung from the house.The village has been the focus of huge media interest as Salah has risen to stardom, but family members at his house in Nagrig refused to talk to reporters “out of respect for his wishes”.– Gruelling daily journey –Salah’s journey, figuratively as well as literally, was anything but easy.“His talent clearly showed from the beginning,” said Ghamri Abdel-Hameed el-Saadani, who was the juniors coach at the Nagrig Youth Centre, where Salah started training at the age of eight.Still, Salah’s success is not just due to his talent, “it’s also a product of a will of steel, effort, and determination”, said Saadani.Share on: WhatsApp Pages: 1 2 On Wednesday his talent will be on show in the Champions League as Liverpool tackle Porto.Mohamed Abdel-Gawad, 12, gazes in admiration at the three-storey house where Salah was born and raised, which overlooks a narrow dirt road like most of the houses in the village, about 120 kilometres (75 miles) northwest of Cairo.“I hope to be like Mohamed Salah when I grow up,” Abdel-Gawad told AFP.“Mohamed Salah has become a professional player because of his ethics and humbleness.”In Nagrig as well as in Basyoun, the closest town, the youth centres were renamed after the Egyptian star.Fully aware that his success has become an inspiration for children in Egypt and Africa more widely, Salah addressed them in his acceptance speech when he won the African player of the year accolade in January, telling them: “Never stop dreaming, never stop believing.” Mohamed SalahCairo, Egypt | AFP | Deep in Egypt’s Nile Delta region, the children of Nagrig village have a clear goal in life: they want to become football stars like Mohamed Salah, Liverpool’s top scorer and Africa’s top player.Salah, who hails from their village, has been one of the sensations of the Premier League since joining Liverpool — his goal in the victory against Southampton on Sunday was his 29th of the season.Further enhancing his status as a national hero, Salah played a key role in leading Egypt to the World Cup finals in Russia later this year.
Authorities in the city of Bayannur, in the Chinese region of Inner Mongolia, issued a warning on Sunday after a hospital patient, reported to be a herdsman, contracted the disease from eating marmot meat last week.There were four reported cases of plague in people in the same region last November, including two cases of the deadlier pneumonic plague.The case triggered a level-three alert Sunday in the Bayannur district. Health officials released a statement ordering residents not to hunt wild animals, such as rodents like marmots, and to report anyone with fever or showing other possible signs of infection.The infected herdsman is being treated at a hospital and is in stable condition, according to state reports. While occasional cases are still reported among hunters encountering fleas carrying the bacterium, it is unknown how the man became infected.
:10 I told ya a couple of times and I’ll tell you again. It just doesn’t get any better than “Remember The Titans.” Denzel at his best! :09 Sorry Ladies I am gonna zone you out right here. Here’s your Top 10 sports movies of all time: 1. “When We Were Kings” (Ali vs. Forman), 2. “Remember The Titans” 3. “Raging Bull” 4. “Rocky I” 5. “Enter The Dragon” 6. “Bingo-Long and His Traveling All-Stars” (cause I was in it), 7. “Ali” (Will Smith) 8. “The Longest Yard” (the first one) 9. “Slap Shot” 10. “The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh. “Note: If you don’t like my list send me yours “Champion Enterprise, 412 Springdale Dr., Suite 33, Pittsburgh, Pa. 15235. :08 Venus and Serena are healthy and they’re back…that’s all you need to know.:07 Speaking of tennis, and I was. If you don’t know by now you’re doing yourself a dis-service if you haven’t taken your kids to the “free” Highland Park Tennis Association Tennis Clinics. Every Saturday morning at the Highland Park Tennis Courts all you have to bring is you. The racquets, balls and coaches are there for you…yea you…eight to 80. And it’s free…c’mon man! “Tennis Everyone.”:06 U.S. Ladies Soccer Team is playing and the Men’s Soccer Team lost to Mexico. That’s all I got. Oh shut-up…that’s two more things than you knew about soccer and you know it?:05 In case you haven’t noticed your Pittsburgh Pirates are for real. You take two out of three from the Boston Red Sox and you’re for real. A shout out to my man Chaz Kellum at the Pirates front office. Thanks for the support. Champions Nite at the game on July 5. Couldn’t have done it without you!!!:04 This is a big…huge…major shout-out to one of Pittsburgh’s finest and I do mean fine. To Michelle Goodman, my long time friend and supporter but more importantly one of Pittsburgh first ever Black models and was bad, broke down all kinds of barriers. Still showcasing her special talents by teaching others the fine art of being fine. If you want to step up your game on how to act, what to do, and where to do it, especially you athletes that can’t put a sentence together…sorry City League, if the ghetto fits just wear it! Hey I’m just kidding, lighten up a little, just having fun—ya’ll can read this though can’t ya??? Anyway call Michelle Goodman’s Studio at 724-656-0321 or the website www.image#1workshop.com or firstname.lastname@example.org—what’s up New Castle? Used to love hoopin’ with ya’ll in the summer back in the day with my main man Ron Hunt and the crew.:03 “Slade” and “Bump” still working on the team records for the Connie Hawkins League. Sit tight…I wanna get it right! I don’t want anybody to get cheated like I was. “The Don’s Forever.”:02 Hey ex-ballers, when you’re near the fire station on Homewood and Braddock stop in and say hi to one of the city’s great in-the-paint men and rebounders…why do you think they called him “Bump Lewis”!!!:01 If you’re reading this now you should be getting ready for the First Friday Par-Tay at the Club Health and Fitness Center in Monroeville this Friday July 1. Line Dancing starts at 8 p.m. Par-Tay goes on until 2 a.m. You must be 30 years and older. I.D. will be checked. Starring D.J. Ez-E…one of the city’s great old school D.J.’s. Cash bar, cash kitchen, $10 donation at the door benefits Champions 36th Annual Connie Hawkins Summer Youth Development Basketball League.“DOUBLE OVERTIME”:00 I said 36th Annual Connie Hawkins League mmmaaaannnn…and still doing it. But now with the middle school boys only. “Going back to the future…to work with the future! “Saving lives one child at a time!!!” Call me if you have a middle school player 412-628-4856.“GAME JUST STARTING” BILL NEAL
Image Courtesy: AFP/Serie AAdvertisement ndNBA Finals | Brooklyn VslgWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ewl9i( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 6prw1uWould you ever consider trying this?😱66nhnoCan your students do this? 🌚6clRoller skating! Powered by Firework In the recent times, the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak has caused a major disruption in sporting events across the world. The virus, originated in the city of Wuhan in China, has found its way into other countries, and in Europe, its Italy which has been affected the most. The country’s most prestigious football league, the Serie A, has been called off, an incident which occurred after a gap of 78 years, since it was first cancelled in 1942 during World War 2.Advertisement Image Courtesy: AFP/Serie AAs of today, 463 people in Italy have died from the virus, along with 9,172 people who have been infected. With the entire country on lock down, Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte officially announced yesterday that Serie A will be on a temporary hault.“Serie A and all sporting tournaments in general are suspended. All the fans must accept that. There is no reason for these competitions to continue.” Conte said at a press conference on Monday night as quoted by Football Italia.Advertisement The recent league games has seen empty stands in the stadium, as was the situation in Allianz Stadium last night as Juventus defeated Inter 2-0. Aaron Ramsay and Paulo Dybala had no supporters in the stadium to celebrate their goals.As of now, Serie A and Serie B has been suspended for a month until April 3, as it was decided by the Italian National Olympic Committee’s (CONI) yesterday.With all other football tournaments also suspended in the country, this will have an impact on the UEFA Champions League matches to be hosted in Italy this month, such as Juventus who are scheduled to take on Lyon on March 17.Prime Minister Conte has also asked the 60 million Italian citizens to avoid travel and large public gatherings.“There is no more time, the numbers tell us there is a significant increase in the contagion, in intensive care and the deaths. Our habits have to change, we must sacrifice something for the good of all of Italy. This is why we will adopt even more stringent measures,” Conte added.Last week, Inter donated €100,000 to the Department of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences at the Sacco Hospital in Milan to coronavirus research and aid in combatting the outbreak of the virus.Following the announcement of the lock down, AC Milan has joined up with its charity foundation Fondazione Milan to donate €250,000 as emergency support. The joint donation will be granted to Lombardy government’s emergency arm AREU.Also read-Sourav Ganguly gives massive update on IPL 2020 amid Coronavirus fears Advertisement