Judge issues arrest warrant for the one million euro man!

first_imgA Judge has issued an arrest warrant for a man who demanded ONE MILLION EURO to come back into court.Thomas Dignam appeared at Letterkenny District Court yesterday. Mr Dignam, of Woodlands, Dooish, Ballybofey faces a number of motoring charges.The 69-year-old is charged with having no insurance and no driving license at LIDL car park at Paddy Harte Road in Letterkenny on June 12th, 2018.He is also charged with holding a mobile phone while driving on the same date.When asked what he was doing about the charges by Judge Paul Kelly, Dignam replied that the charges were “legal fiction.”When asked if he was Thomas Dignam he replied “I’m the man commonly known as Thomas Dignam.”Judge Paul Kelly adjourned the case until 2pm yesterday afternoon.However, Dignam replied “I want one million euro to come back into this court.”He then left the court.The case was then called in the afternoon but Mr Dignam failed to appear.Prosecuting Garda Gareth Moanghan said he stopped Dignam on the day in question and he was reluctant to give his full name and was “making light of the situation.”The Garda said he was argumentative and he was issued with a summons.Judge Kelly said Mr Dignam had handed in a number of documents in which he claimed that Letterkenny District Court was “a ship in dry dock.”He also appeared to have handed in an insurance certificate.However, upon checking the dates covered by the document, Sgt Gerard Dalton said the document did not cover the date on which the accused was stoped.Judge Kelly asked if Mr Dignam had any previous convictions and Gardai said that he had just one – for possession of explosives in 1974.A warrant was issued for Dignam’s arrest.Judge issues arrest warrant for the one million euro man! was last modified: October 17th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:arrestletterkennyone million eurosommonsThomas Dignamwarrant. mobile phonelast_img read more

Ward of State Among Three Recommended for Gallantry Award

first_img He said that 18-year-old ward Selana Reid, along with a caregiver at the home, and a young man, who saw the fire and came to assist, have been recommended for the Award for Gallantry at this year’s National Honours and Awards Ceremony to be held at King’s House in October. Story Highlights Minister of State in the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, Hon. Floyd Green, made the disclosure at Monday’s (April 9) memorial service for Oneika McGrae and Anna Kaye Moreland, at the Faith Tabernacle Shiloh Apostolic Church on Lyndhurst Road. Three persons, including a ward of the State, are being considered for national honours for their acts of bravery during the fire at the Walker’s Place of Safety earlier this year that took the lives of two children and destroyed the Lyndhurst Crescent-based facility. Three persons, including a ward of the State, are being considered for national honours for their acts of bravery during the fire at the Walker’s Place of Safety earlier this year that took the lives of two children and destroyed the Lyndhurst Crescent-based facility.Minister of State in the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, Hon. Floyd Green, made the disclosure at Monday’s (April 9) memorial service for Oneika McGrae and Anna Kaye Moreland, at the Faith Tabernacle Shiloh Apostolic Church on Lyndhurst Road.He said that 18-year-old ward Selana Reid, along with a caregiver at the home, and a young man, who saw the fire and came to assist, have been recommended for the Award for Gallantry at this year’s National Honours and Awards Ceremony to be held at King’s House in October.He noted that the three saved lives by waking up the children, who were asleep, and helping them to escape the blaze.Scores of persons packed the church for the memorial service, including portfolio Minister, Senator the Hon. Ruel Reid, who read the first lesson, representatives of childcare agencies, family, friends and well-wishers.The State Minister, in expressing sorrow at the loss of lives, said he is heartened at the outpouring of love and support from the public in the wake of the tragedy.He noted that $9 million has already been donated for the rebuilding of the home in addition to other support for the children.Mr. Green urged Jamaicans to honour the lives of those who perished by doing more for children who are in need of care and protection.Leader of the Opposition, Dr. Peter Phillips, who is Member of Parliament for East Central St. Andrew where the home is located, said “there is much goodness around us”, and this was evident in how the community came together to assist on the night of the fire.“The best of them came out, and they did what they could do for those children,” Dr. Phillips said, while calling for additional public support for the reconstruction of the home.Several other agencies and community persons addressed the function, including Director of Children and Family Programmes at the Child Protection and Family Services Agency (CPFSA), Audrey Budhi.Pastor at the Greater Grace Temple churches, Bishop Dr. C.A. Holdsworth, who contributed $10,000 towards the rebuilding of the facility, charged the congregation to “seize this opportunity to do something positive” for the nation’s children.last_img read more

Chandrayaan2 to reach moons orbit on Aug 20

first_imgAhmedabad: India’s second moon mission ‘Chandrayaan-2’ is expected to reach the moon’s orbit on August 20 and land on the lunar surface on September 7, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman Dr K Sivan said on Monday. The spacecraft is all set to leave the earth’s orbit after two days, he told reporters here. The 3,850-kg Chandrayaan-2, a three-module spacecraft comprising orbiter, lander and rover, which was launched on July 22, would make a landing on the moon on September 7, the ISRO chief said. “After launching Chandrayaan-2 on July 22, we did five manoeuvres. The Chandrayaan-2 composite body is now revolving around the earth,” he said. “At around 3.30 am on August 14, we are going to have a manoeuvre called trans-lunar injection. By this manoeuvre, the Chandrayaan-2 will leave the earth and move towards the moon. On August 20, we will be reaching the moon,” he said.last_img read more