Cr Doukas unhappy about new wind farm permit laws

first_imgMoyne mayor Jim Doukas is unhappy the state government has decided to dump enforcing permit conditions on some wind farms on local councils instead of dealing with it themselves. Cr Doukas is arguing new state legislation requiring local government to be responsible for enforcing wind farm permit conditions could impose high costs on councils. Councils will now be responsible for enforcing conditions such as noise levels on eight wind farm projects unless the permit conditions say the state planning minister is responsible. The Moyne Shire – south-west Victoria – lobbied the state government last week, saying the planning minister should be responsible for the enforcement of all the permits. Speaking in support of the bill last week, Member for Western Victoria Simon Ramsay said he was aware that some councils were “not overjoyed at the prospect of taking on the responsibility of the enforcement and compliance of wind farm permits that were issued under the previous government”. Cr Doukas says the legislation unfairly makes for ‘messy’ and confusing new rules that will hurt the council. Having the state responsible for the enforcement of the wind farm permits would allow wider community concerns to be heard rather than only those who protested loudly. Mr Ramsay said he will work towards helping the councils adjust. “I believe support should be provided to those councils that must now take on this responsibility, given their previous lack of involvement with the issue,” Mr Ramsay said. He said it followed through on the government’s pre-election commitment to give local councils a greater say in the issuing of wind farm permits and for enforcing compliance with their permit conditions. The eight wind farm projects covered by the legislation include the planned Woolsthorpe and Mortlake south wind farms. Facebook Twitter: @NeosKosmos Instagramlast_img read more

Just his smoothness The punch the feet everyth

first_img“Just his smoothness. The punch, the feet, everything just looks natural,” Goodwin said Thursday on the Cardinals’ Big Red Rage show on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. “And going into the offseason, it’s probably, I think we may just stick to and see what happens. Jared’s a team player, D.J.’s a team player.“I’m sure we’ll sit down and have a little coach-to-player conversation, but you know, right now, just throwing it out there a little on my own accord: I think D.J. at left, Jared at right, and we’re rolling and kicking butt.”Goodwin said Humphries’ maturity after being drafted 24th overall and then sitting out his entire rookie season has developed. Indeed, so has his playing ability. It was enough to earn the starting right tackle job to kick off the 2016 season.How Humphries finished the year despite missing the final three games while on concussion protocol sealed the deal.He has officially emerged.“It means we have a potential franchise left tackle,” Goodwin said Thursday, before telling the story of moving Humphries from right to left. “I called D.J. in my office and I said, ‘D.J. what do you think left tackle?’ And it was like Christmas. He lit up. I can’t tell you what he said, but he was basically like, ‘Are you screwing me?’” Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin admitted he’s yet to talk it through.But if his opinion is heard and goes unchanged, then the Cardinals will attack the offseason with soon-to-be third-year tackle D.J. Humphries as the team’s starting left tackle. The eyebrow-raising news there is that Arizona still has veteran left tackle Jared Veldheer coming off a season-ending triceps injury.But in two-plus games as the Cardinals’ starting left tackle, Humphries impressed — enough for Goodwin to consider keeping the 23-year-old as the team’s starting left tackle. Cardinals second-year tackle D.J. Humphries at Arizona’s practice on July 28, 2016. (Adam Green/Arizona Sports) So what’d he think?“He goes, ‘In a heartbeat,’” Goodwin said.NO SUPER TALKFans might have guessed the Cardinals’ being featured on Amazon’s “All Or Nothing” series could have gotten into the players’ heads.Whether it was that or simply from the success a year prior, Goodwin might agree.Arizona’s offensive coordinator admitted the team didn’t reach expectations in 2016, and he knows what type of language won’t be taken well in the locker room heading into next season.“I think we should leave the Super Bowl out of our thought process. I just think we got to take one day at a time,” he said. “You got to come to work every day. We have to perfect our craft on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday so it comes easy on Sunday. The good thing about us, we’re going to bounce back. We ate a lot of humble pie this offseason and deservedly so.” Derrick Hall satisfied with D-backs’ buying and selling Top Stories center_img The 5: Takeaways from the Coyotes’ introduction of Alex Meruelo Grace expects Greinke trade to have emotional impact Former Cardinals kicker Phil Dawson retires Comments   Share   last_img read more